One of the fastest-growing segments in the commercial flooring space is epoxy flooring. With the many benefits of epoxy flooring for commercial businesses it’s easy to understand why. Epoxy flooring is durable, beautiful, and affordable, and it’s an excellent choice for a variety of applications. Epoxy flooring offers benefits, including a bright, beautiful look, easy maintenance, stain and scratch resistance, and resistance to heat, water, harsh chemicals, and germs.
Let’s explore exactly what an epoxy floor is, the different types available, some benefits, and how well they stand up to everyday wear and tear.
What is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy flooring has been used in commercial applications for many years, but recent advances in technology have made it even more versatile. So, what exactly is epoxy flooring?
Basically, epoxy flooring consists of several layers of hardeners and resins. To be considered, an epoxy floor must equal a depth of two millimeters. Anything less than that is just a coating. The chemical components in epoxy flooring consist of a base and a curing agent that, when mixed together, react to form a hard, protective, “plastic-like” exterior. Because of its chemical makeup, epoxy flooring is one of the hardiest materials that will last longer than almost any other type of coating. By itself, it is chemical resistant. However, some coatings can make it even more abrasion and chemical-resistant, like urethane and a variety of other top coatings.
The Different Types of Epoxy Flooring Available
Epoxy flooring is available in a number of different configurations depending on the application. Here are some of the different types available:
Self-leveling– a perfect choice for the kitchen because it’s extremely durable and easy to clean.
Epoxy-flaked– flakes or chips are added to a standard epoxy floor as a decorative element.
Thanks to the wide variety of flooring types available, epoxy flooring is perfect for commercial spaces, retail stores, showrooms, restaurants and loading docks.
Epoxy flooring offers a number of excellent benefits. Compared to other types of flooring, the cost per square foot for epoxy flooring is hard to beat. It can be installed directly over other types of flooring making the costs much lower than other materials. In fact, the price is one of the most immediate benefits you’ll enjoy!
The Many Benefits of Epoxy Flooring for Commercial Businesses
There are numerous benefits of epoxy flooring for commercial businesses.
- Compared to other flooring types, the cost per square foot for epoxy flooring is hard to beat.
- It can be installed directly over other flooring, making the costs much lower than other materials. In fact, the price is one of the most immediate benefits you’ll enjoy!
- Epoxy floors are one of the most durable materials around. They’re resistant to almost everything from oil and gasoline to water, bleach, household cleaners, and chemicals.
- Epoxy floors are heat and water resistant, making them the perfect choice for manufacturing and warehousing.
- Epoxy floors are resistant to bacteria and germs, making them extremely easy to sanitize.
- Epoxy floors have a longer lifespan than most other types of flooring because of its durability. Concrete is the only material that beats it, but concrete needs to be properly sealed and maintained. Covering a concrete floor with epoxy makes concrete practically indestructible!
- Manufacturers make epoxy flooring products that are not only durable but decorative. It comes in various colors that can add a flawless, smooth, and elegant shine to any space.
- It can be arranged into traditional patterns or personalized designs
- to improve the look of your floor.
So, if you’re looking for an extremely durable, affordable, and beautiful choice of flooring for your building, consider epoxy flooring for your next upgrade. If you’re still unsure, speak with your contractor about the possibilities, or give the experts at Fresh Paint a call at (652) 429-4475.
Fresh Paint Inc. Image Matters
We are ready to help L.I.F.T. yours for an impeccable appearance.
Fresh Paint Inc. is a trusted provider of commercial painting services in St. Paul, MN, serving Minneapolis and businesses across the U.S.A. dedicated to helping businesses achieve exceptional results. From evaluating the condition of your building to preparing surfaces and selecting the right paint, our team of professionals will manage the entire preparation and paint process.
Contact us today to learn more about our commercial painting services and request a consultation.